Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A little Sunshine

Today was a nice day. It was one of those days you dream about as a parent except I had to drop the fun and go to work;) I worked in the yard during Dels long nap and then we went to the garden center  that was on our way to my grandmas house. It's a beautiful small nursery tucked in a frontage road, a locals kind of a spot. The doors are all open, there's a nice summer breeze, people are friendly and there is a big dog passed out happily behind the counter wearing a bandana. I have on one of my favorite summer dresses and del and I are walking around looking for perrineals that I can't kill. I show him the pictures that are buried into each pot that shows the name of the plant and he is excited to go to each pot and look at the picture tag. We go to my grandmas like we've been doing every week and play on their playground, watch del pick up a hundred rocks and show them to us.
There is a big part of me that wishes every day could be exactly like this one-but I know, I know-I wouldn't be so grateful when these days came along like I am.

For a few weeks I've been working on a rumor that it was easier to adopt for a Native American person through their reservation. I have no idea who I heard this from, and after calling and emailing MANY people I was starting to feel like a crazy person. Did I make this up myself? Maybe it's not even a thing. One nice woman said she would pass my name along to a worker from my reservation which I thought was really nice. It had been so long since I started the journey to just get information that I basically just gave up trying or expecting. I've actually been debating internally about just having another baby now-even though I'm just not ready to do that to my body right now. Then today I got an email from my reservation saying they wanted to talk to me about their adoption program! That just sparked this new kind of excitement in me. Maybe there is a baby fated out there for us to give a good life to. It would just be such an honor and a blessing to give another person in the world the gift of life del has, two loving parents, a sweet cat and dog, living in a schoolhouse in the country with a crabby bunny, chickens and a sweet Siamese cat that comes out a night to say hello. I think that about my own life so at times, it's kind of a dream life isn't it? We don't have a ton of friends here and the cold winters suck but beyond that it's really something.

So what does that lesson mean after my rambles? Maybe it is true-putting things out in the universe hoping things will find their way. I realized that the key to that is to put it out and then to forget about it and move on, as when I was in the midst of trying to contact and talk to people I got so many dead ends it was kind of frustrating.

Today you know what I'm grateful for-it's your time to fill in the blank

No comments: