Monday, June 22, 2015

Getting ready to leave

I had something I write about but all I can think about tonight is my grandma. She had pneumonia  a few weeks ago and for a couple of days she just laid in bed not eating or drinking. My aunt went to her house and took her to the hospital. When I saw her yesterday I asked her about it and she said, "oh yea I was sick, just laid there thinking I would get better. Then I just continued laying there thinking I'll just let it take me if it takes me." She was getting kind of teary eyed. My grandma had to say goodbye to a lot of people, she is almost the last one standing. I know she has her bags packed but it still breaks my heart to hear her say those things. We are totally two different angles and one big lonely void. We both miss having a best friend and confidant. I think that is why it's so comforting us being in each other's presence on these summer afternoons just having another person to say nothing really important to.  It's interesting how life works like that? There can be a parallel between two people who are at two completely different points in their life?

Well I've decided to disconnect this summer from social media (except Instagram) and it's been pretty good. It's nice not getting the updates every 5 seconds also nice not reading every news article too. I've been focused on losing the baby weight-the other day I tried on a size 6 shorts and was so excited at how skinny I got that I ate like 4 hotdogs for dinner to celebrate only to revert back to size stretchy pants. It's been a challenge running with baby and dog but I've been enjoying it a lot.

We bought a pop up camper, I'm so excited for trips to new places. No more news on the baby front again. No babies right now up for adoption. I keep putting my wishes out in the universe trusting that everything works out in its own due timing.

Things I'm grateful for today: everything that happened to me today. Esp.ice coffees and a baby who just wanted to run around naked with sunglasses on.

No comments: